Our Feelings Bag Sensory Sack is filled with sensory toys and a play extravaganza will unfold upon your child receiving this cute little sack sewn at home in Murray Bridge, South Australia! Carefully chosen items to engage children aged 3 to 12 years there is a range of developmental areas that will be stimulated as they explore through the wonder of play! The selection of toys has been designed to encourage children to choose a sensory focused toy from the bag that appeals to them with a supportive caring adult to help work through hard to manage feelings like anger, frustration, sadness, anxiety or worry. This may not be their focus at the time of choosing however over time, with consistent use they may be able to identify that these types of toys help them with these intense feelings and assist them with connecting to themselves, their emotions and you!
Each item within the bag has one of the five main senses involved when it is used. The aim and purpose of the bag is to enable the child to allow and learn that emotions can be expressed in healthy, constructive ways and feel more calm than prior to using the tools within this kit. At P.L.A.Y. With A Purpose we focus on play, connect and learn as our primary philosophy to develop our resources. Sensory dietary needs can be met with a tailored personalised toolkit just for your child. Bags can be designed for children from 3 years and up. A selection of images is available of what is possible to be included in the bag.
A typical Feelings Bag Sensory Sack includes these delightful play and learning materials:
- Home sewn bag with drawstring to keep all the toys in
- A snuggly friend that is soft and snuggly
- A liquid timer that helps with getting tasks done and changing tasks or calming
- An activity painting book either Space or Butterfly
- A race car or tractor that has a pull back action
- A sticker book and notebook to stick them in
- A bendy friend that is a contortionist
- A magic ruler to make patterns
- A rainbow scratch sticker or Magic Post it notes
- Super Light Clay that comes in a handy container to mold and manipulate and roll in the hands or Power Putty
- A pocket glider either plane or fairy
- A water ball
- A stress ball
- A two tone zipper or tiny tub of slime
- A crocodile fossil or Balloon Ball Buddy
- A funky wristband
- A wind up toy or Balance Game
- A magic sketch or Float a Ball game or Butterfly Pen
- A spinning top or laser disk
- A play ideas booklet to suggest how to use all these items with your child (available for download after purchase)
- (click here to watch the video of what’s inside)
Once you and your child finish playing with the toys we encourage you to pack them away and keep them in the bag until you need them next time! This way they are a handy tool for your child for when they need them or you are going out to dinner or a friend’s or an appointment as they will be able to carry them and keep them together for easy travel.
Once you purchase the Feelings Bag Sensory Sack you receive a complimentary Unbox Your Feelings Bag Sensory Sack Session via Zoom. Tina will walk you through how to use your Feelings Bag through this interactive session.
Looking forward to chatting with you very soon.
Note: Items may vary in colour and availability. We will contact you when you place your order and discuss colours and interests and communicate with you to ensure you are involved in choices and what will suit your child and their needs and interests. A photo of the Feelings Bag Sensory Sack will be sent to you prior to shipping.